Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce
The CattleQueen Cooks
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Flour
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup of dry White Wine
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup of Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of Whipping Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon, rounded, of minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of minced shallots or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons of Caper's
- In a sauce pan melt the butter.
- Add the onions and garlic, saute' for 2-5 minutes until translucent in color.
- Stir in flour and blend well.
- Immediately add the chicken broth and stir with a wire whip.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and zest. Blend.
- Add the pepper, the sour cream and the whipping cream.
- Continue to stir & blend, until it thickens, about five minutes.
- Gently add the capers to the sauce....
- Serve over Seafood or Chicken....I love it over Beef too!
Excellent served with Rice, Pasta and sauteed Veggies
I LOVE to drown my food in this sauce...can't get enough of it!