So, while I was finishing up the salad and bread...I noticed Ornery at the crockpot...DISHING up his FOOD! He couldn't wait! After a while, I asked he what he thought? (Half a plate was gone and no COMMENTS!) He finally replied, "NOW, this is SPAGHETTI !!!!" Needless to say...there were FOUR helpings served, TWO people, I had ONE serving, GUESS who had the rest!!!! :)))
The CattleQueen Cooks
- 3 jars of garlic style spaghetti sauce (or your favorite style)
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 soft cube of chicken broth (I use Knorrs brand)
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic, diced fine or minced
- Pine Creek Ranch Garlic Pepper seasoning, to taste (recipe here)
- Majoram (Oregano) to taste
- 1 cup of red table wine (or substitute with water), *alcohol cooks out
- 4-6 stalks of green onions, washed and sliced
- 1 can of sliced olives, drained
- 1 box of fresh mushrooms, washed & sliced
- 4 large garlic sausages, fully cooked, diced small, drained
- 1 pound of lean hamburger , seasoned lightly with salt and pepper, cooked & crumbled
- Place all ingredients, cooked and prepared, into a large crock pot. Cook on simmer for at least 4-5 hours. This will blend all of the spices/ingredients together nicely. The aroma is amazing.
- Cook one package of Spaghetti, al dente, drain and add to the prepared sauce just before serving
This recipe makes a fair amount of Spaghetti...BUT who doesn't LOVE Spaghetti leftovers???
And besides, it freezes well.