Mini Cheeseball Appetizer's
Makes 24 bite size cheese balls or 1 large cheeseball
- 1 - 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled or ham, finely diced, small
- 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic or dehydrated garlic, ground fine
- 1 teaspoon of Worchesterschire sauce
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds, crushed
- 1/4 cup of stick pretzels, crushed
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- More stick pretzels to use for serving as appetizers, about 24 pieces
- In a bowl, place the cream cheese brick, let soften
- In a chopper, place the almonds and pretzels and grind small
- Add to the bowl of softened cream cheese, the cheddar cheese, seasonings, pretzels/almond mixture, meat and Worcestershire sauce and blend well.
- After mixed well, use a teaspoon, heaping with the cheese mixture and form a small bitesize cheeseball. Repeat until all the mixture is used, makes about 24 mini cheese balls .
- To serve, place a stick pretzel in the center of each cheeseball for individual servings.
- Or make a large cheese ball, as usual ,and serve with crakers or pretzel crackers.
*This recipe may be doubled or even tripled. Cheese balls may also be frozen and used at a later time up to 6 months.
*If you freeze these in bite size pieces....form the small balls, place on a cookie sheet (or small flat pan) and freeze them without touching. after frozen they can be placed into freezer bags and stored in the freezer. This helps to keep the individual pieces from sticking together. I use small freezer bags, such as quart size, making a smaller bundle. This way I can take out only what iIneed to use.
*Bitesize cheese balls are perfect for College students, couples and even kids lunches....
*Put them in the lunch bag frozen and it will be thawed by lunch! Just don't forget to include an ice pack to keep things cool til lunch!