-

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sleep, It's What's Good for Your Health...

Everyone needs SLEEP...
It's What's Good for your Health
 Rest is essential for both mental and physical health!
The last few nights have been UN-restful for ME. I don't know why. But I do know I need some DEEP Sleep....I'm tired!
I hate waking up tired!
*All photos are from Google Images unless otherwise stated.
An article from the Mayo Clinic states that Adults need 7-9 hours of sleep a night! Sleep quality is important too! Interrupted sleep is not quality sleep. 
I've been waking up every hour...looking at the clock, groaning and laying back down! WHY??? I hate that!
It's almost as bad as when your mind is racing with a MILLION thoughts 
AND..., you can't sleep! But you are too tired to get up!
OR, when you can't sleep and you DO get UP...and watch mindless TV for a few hours! So, then YOU are bored, sleepless and TIRED!
I don't like any LIGHT when I SLEEP! I swear I can see through my EYELIDS!
So I wear a sleeping mask! But when I CAN'T SLEEP that doesn't help either!
SO, I have been tossing and turning the last few nights!
This morning....I was pleasantly surprised to wake up at 5:45AM!
ONLY, because I had slept ALL night! BUT... I really wasn't ready to GET up!
So I laid there! Hmmm, falling asleep again! 
YES!
A DEEP SLEEP!

WHOA!!! 
What is that???
Suddenly, I'm awakened...My body jerked and I GROANED!
It that a BUZZ SAW?

NO!
It was MY husband's battery operated TOOTHBRUSH!!!!
Now, it's not that EARLY...for a workday.
BUT, THIS WAS SUNDAY!!!!

Grumble, Grumble,...I mumbled into MY pillow! 
Just then, HUBBY questioned my GRUMBLE MUMBLES.
"I JUST FELL INTO A DEEP SLEEP!", I groaned.
You did? He looked puzzled!
BUT it's been only 15 minutes since you woke up!
"OH...
WELL...IT felt longer. And IT was a DEEP sleep!", I said. 
...THEN, I climbed out of BED!
Maybe I will take a NAP...later.

Restful sleep helps your total health:
Stress, Inflammation, Boosts your memory, Helps you lose weight, keeps you alert and helps with health issues...plus more!
Any-hoo...
Right after my afternoon NAP, I need to go exercise! I'm hoping the POOL will be warm enough today! We are getting a few chilly nights with the fall season starting.
My DREAM (year-round) POOL! Ha-Ha, I can dream. Dream on & on that is!!!
Go exercise &
Sleep Restfully with Style...
NeeCee Signature
Do it with Style...

*Photo is property of NeeCee @ PineCreekStyle

No comments :