-

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crafty Idea for the Big Screen in Your Car...

I was wanting to cover the Movie screens in my car....WHEN they were not in use! WHY? Like most people, I am usually hauling kids, packages, furniture finds, groceries, etc. 
My Car came equipped with these Movie devices. Being Grandparents, we rarely use them....try to find a CAR without them now-a-days! If you want all the bells and whistles....they are part of the package. I despise finger prints smudged everywhere....and the little screens are magnets for them. So I finally made a padded cover to slip on them! Ta-Da...BEST thing I ever did! They provide protection and keeps them clean.... SO SIMPLE!
EASY PEASY...Oh SO Easy!
I used quilted Black fabric to match the color of the car's interior. And I used double fold bias tape I had on hand....Also, extra quilt padding for the interior lining....
This project came together quickly......with only a few items!
I measured the screens in my car and made a template/pattern....
I made my covers in likeness to a tissue pack, over lapping on the backside opening. Easy sewing, no gathering, cords or elastic.....
I sandwiched the front piece with two black quilted pieces and a layer of quilt padding between.... then sewed them together...
After I sewed the binding on the open edges (middle pieces on the back piece), I pinned them onto the front piece ...
I sewed around the outside edges with a finishing stitch and then trimmed the edges and corners....
Looking good...
The finished back after turned right side out!
Finished front, I rounded the corners....and slipped them on!
 My Movie Screen in the back seat...... excuse the photo...the sun was an issue.
Love the Covers!!!
The finished product, protected and clean! And... the beauty of it all, NO ONE noticed the covers! So they blend in nicely and basically go un-noticed. 
AND... they stay protected from my treasure finds I routinely haul home!
Got You Covered with Style...
NeeCee Signature

No comments :