-

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quick Fix in the Bathroom...

A quick fix in the bathroom...
BEFORE the guests came!
 I had company coming....
AND...the toilet tissue holder (in the guest bath)  BROKE!
 Oh well...it was a PAIN anyway! And I mean a PAIN!
It had been mounted perfectly... to HIT your ELBOW!!!!
 First...I laid the tissue on the counter!!!! MMMmmm, looks OKAY there! So I placed a marble dish underneath it! WAA-LAH! Not bad!?!
It'll WORK!...Thats ALL that matters! For NOW!
 Next....I pulled out the tools I needed!
 **(Son-by Love...bought this set for me years ago....I think he got tired of me asking to borrow his!)
 And my trusty little screw driver kit.....
**(My Other DAD gave these to me as a gift for the house...SWEET of HIM...Thanks BOB :) I think of you every time I use them!)
 SO...back to the problem at hand!
I didn't want to leave the broken tissue holder in place. I didn't want 2 holes in the cupboard!!!! What to do????
MMMmmm....THINK!!!!
I did NOT have wood putty or stain to match! A solution was needed!!!
...FAST!
 IDEA...Popped in MY HEAD!
I had some silver conchos... (only ONE was the Size I needed), so I grabbed an old plastic lid, cut a rough circle/disk. The HOLE was TOO big ON THE METAL DISK USED TO ATTACH THE ORIGINAL HOLDER, (see the center bottom of the photo)! SOOO, I used the new disk (see top middle), put the screw to the Concho threw the plastic and placed it in the metal disk!!!! 
SEE BELOW>>>>>
 I PLACED THE CONCHO/DISK BACK ON THE CUPBOARD! 
TA-DAHhhhh....finished!
NO ugly holes left uncovered! YES...I know it's Horses...AND my bathroom is BEACHY! (Shhhh...I don't think it was noticed!) BUT...it was a solution until I could patch and stain!
BUT....Don't you think this would be CUTE in a Western BATHROOM???
Especially as DRAWER PULLS!!!!
WHY YES, Yes I DO!!!!
Easy Solution & An Easy Fix with Style...
NeeCee Signature

No comments :