-

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Crab Cakes with Dill Sauce...

I was craving Crab cakes...there was NO fresh crab to be found! SO, I used canned! This recipe turned out awesome! Best yet...everyone was shocked it was canned crab meat!!
These Crab Cakes were excellent!
Crab Cake recipe
2 cans of premium white crab meat packed in water,
 rinsed and squeezed dry
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
2 tablespoons of spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
1 teaspoon of prepared garlic paste
1 cup of Bread crumbs
1 large egg
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 of red bell pepper, chopped fine
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper
4 green onions, finely chopped
Olive oil for frying
Mix all ingredients together until blended.
Roll into small balls and flatten slightly for frying.
*These made be made small for appetizers or larger for serving with the main meal.
Adding the bread crumbs before mixing
Blended and ready to roll...
I used a cookie scoop to measure my portions. The balls were placed on squares of foil and then slightly flattened. You may want to place in the fridge to cool before frying. This helps them hold together better.
I gathered several sauces to compliment my guests tastes. I also made one of my favorites...
Cool Cucumber Sour Cream with Chives.
1/2 cup sour cream
 1/2 seedless cucumber
 chopped fine
 1 teaspoon of dill weed & garlic pepper to taste
Fry the crab cakes in olive oil over medium to medium high heat, browning on both sides. Keep cakes in a warm oven until all are cooked & served. You want a light golden brown on each side.
Ready to Serve...
Yummy! Serve at an appetizer or the main meal.
Everyone LOVED these Crab Cakes...
The Perfect Light Dinner Served with Style...
NeeCee Signature
To my wonderful husband...
Happy 40th Anniversary
I LOVE You very much... XXX's & OOO's
"Our Ruby Anniversary"


No comments :