-

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Our Hallway Decor...

I have been waiting to add furniture decor to my hallway...
I was looking for some narrow pieces of furniture. I didn't want anything to be an obstruction or hard to maneuver around.
I was getting frustrated trying to find the perfect furniture...
I wanted the space to reflect my style!
What I call "New & Old Eclectic with Family Style"
 Silly Me...I was looking too hard! 
I ended up using furniture I bought a few years ago...
I bought an additional bench and two vases to complete my look!
I had added these embellishments over the doorways soon after we moved into this house. Other than that the hallway has been bare for 5+ years...
 The bench on the left was an awesome find at TJ Maxx! The pillows too!
Feel in love with the postage stamp look...probably because my Daddy was our hometown's... "down town mail man"!
The bench went perfect with my industrial style furniture, which was purchased at World Market a few years ago.
The throw rug is actually a bathroom rug also found at TJ Maxx and has a shabby look in a brown paper bag color! The basket underneath is handy for carrying things up and down the stairs.
OH and Reba, my Kitty wanted to pose for you...
 The view from the top of the stairs....
Our clock is patiently waiting for my husbands office to be completed...for now he waits here!
 The view looking down the hall to the right...
 A close up of the new bench...the perfect place to drop my purse at the end of the day.
 And here's Reba AGAIN!
The grass weaved Chairs were purchased at TJ Maxx also.
"Fred & Ethel" , the statuary pieces were a gift from my hubby's parents. Oh, WOW...20+years ago! Too Cute!
LOVE these Vases...I found them recently at Pier One! The small pot with the flowers is actually a small antique spittoon on top of an old book!
The metal trunks were also a TJ Maxx purchase last spring in the gardening department.
Side view of the small table and chair....
I love to incorporate FAMILY photos (Hubby & the Boys Cowboy Style) and items in all of my decor. In my opinion that is what makes a house a home. Pride of Family! 
Anyone can have a "store bought" look...I love to use our family items to reflect our true selves, our style!
Loving the finished Hallway with Our Personal Style...
NeeCee Signature

No comments :