-

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Black Beauties, Bedside Table Redo's...

I found these bed side tables at a local thrift store for $24 (for the pair)!
They were in pretty bad shape, on the outside....The inside was in great shape and they were strong and solid.
 This is the finished product. They turned out awesome!
I refinished these black beauties for two of my granddaughter's and the room they share. I went with a True Black paint from Glidden. The drawer pulls needed to be painted badly! We used an antiqued silver. The original pulls were a brass color with walnut stained wood.
 See what I mean, they were really well used & abused. They had some wood flowers glued on them...I removed them and filled the holes with putty. Then sanded them smooth *(see the table on the right, it has the flower removed, on the top left side).
 She is ready to sand and paint....
 Here is the difference side by side! Wow.....
I left some of the walnut color showing through. The look I wanted was a distressed worn look. I let the paint dry overnight.
 The bed stand on the right is finished being distressed. I think it gives the table character and shows off her details.
 After the sanding, I wiped off the dust and gave it a couple of coats of clear satin finish.
 Then, I put the freshly painted drawer pulls back on.
 They turned out very nice...
The girls are going to love these in their room! I'll have to update the post after I deliver them to their new home next week!
These Black Beauties have Brand New Style...
NeeCee Signature
UPDATE:
The Bed Stands are finished and delivered! The Girls loved them!!!

No comments :