-

Thursday, August 22, 2013

She Has Her Vanity & Style...

She has her Vanity restored to her former beauty...
I found this poor man's version of a vanity at a local thrift store. She was in pretty poor shape. Her foundation was very good. But she had many deep stains. She had to be painted. She wasn't solid wood, she has veneers, but they were in good shape and not coming unglued. There were a few places that had to have wood putty, so again, painting was the answer!
Besides, someone had added some black stencils that truly distracted herself from her former beauty! 

I wanted to match an earthy pink color that graced some flower prints in my powder room. I found the perfect match...Martha Stewart Brand at Home Depot, the color was "Terra Rosa". The vanity had been well used. I planned on distressing and antiquing the finished vanity to disguise all of the stains and marks. 
Above is the project from start to finish....

These are the before and after photos...
 If you look into the mirror you will see one of the floral paintings with the earthy pink color...this is what I wanted to match...color wise...
The Chair was another thrift store find....She was in perfect condition. She just need a good coat of Bees Wax to bring her luster back! I choose to do a Tuxedo Look on the Vanity... using a paint and natural finish....Giving me just the look I wanted....And blending perfectly with the Chair and the Mirror!
I placed her in my Master Bath Powder Room...There is a large window that allows TOO much LIGHT and HEAT into the room. The opening was 54" and the vanity was 52"!
She was a perfect fit in an area of wasted space! I may add a sheer set of curtains to disguise the window and filter the remaining light from the window. 
This Vanity was
 Restored to Her Former Beauty with Style....

No comments :