This is the most popular requested appetizer I make. We have had over 1,000 hits on this
recipe. Voted "The Best" by friends and family.
Bacon Brown Sugar Saugages...
|Cook until bacon is done!|
Bacon Brown Sugar Sausages
The CattleQueen Cooks
- 1 package of "little beef smokies" sausages
- 1 pound of bacon, strips cut into thirds
- 1 cup of brown sugar (I used Splenda Brown Sugar, works great!)
- Garlic pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of dehydrated onions
- 2-3 tablespoons of brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon of crown royal whiskey
- Mix the coffee, whiskey, the onions and 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar, blend well
- Wrap each sausage in a (1/3) piece of bacon strip
- Place the bacon/sausage in a prepared 11x13 baking dish
- Drizzle the bacon wrapped sausage with the coffee mixture, cover completely
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next mix the garlic pepper into the brown sugar
- Then place the brown sugar mixture over the top of the bacon wrapped sausages
- Use it all, heap it on...
- Place the meat in the hot oven and bake until bacon is cooked
This appetizer is Fantastic! It also travels well. If I take this dish to friends or families houses, I place the finished product in a crock pot and set it on the buffet setting. You won't be disappointed!
The Cattle Queen Cooks at PineCreekStyle