A Delish Dish for Cinco de Mayo...
Margarita Game Hens~ Simple & Easy, *description is base on per hen
- Rinse off and lightly dry each game hen patting with a paper towel.
- Grease the hen with the softened Margarita Butter (see the recipe below), I also place a teaspoon + of butter ( frozen is better for a slower melt), inside the hens cavity...This helps the Hen stay moist while cooking.
- Cover the buttered Hen with a heavy dusting of the spices (see the recipe below)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, cover loosely with foil, if browning too fast
- Baste with juices at least once while baking.
- ***I placed a whole, peeled onion, cut in half in the pan to hold the hens upright and tied their legs together. This helps keep the Hen in place during baking. Serve the roasted Onion with your dinner! Yum...
- 3 cubes of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of spices, (see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon (leveled) of prepared smashed garlic
- 1 1/2 ounces of Tequila
- 1 ounce of Margarita mix (you may use lime juice)
Margarita Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons of PineCreek Seasoning (see recipe here) or use a Garlic Pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cajon Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican Oregano
- 1-2 dashes of Red Pepper..careful its hot
- 1-2 dashes of cumin
Blend well & season away....
A Delicious Meal for Cinco de Mayo Served with Style...