A great recipe for Cinco de Mayo ....
- 3 cans of sliced boiled potatoes. drained or use 3 fresh potatoes, parboiled & sliced...(I need to make these quick...the canned is awesome for fast results)
- 1 large onion, sliced for sautéing
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or butter for sautéing
- 1 package of Leek Onion Soup, dry
- 1 1/4 cup of Mexican Cheese Blend, shredded, reserve 1/4 for the top
- 1 1/2 ounces of Margarita Mix or 1 ounce of Lime juice
- 1/12 ounces of Tequila, white or gold...*optional
- 2 tablespoons of Margarita Butter (look for the recipe above under Margarita Game Hens), softened
- Season to taste with Pine Creek Seasoning or Garlic Pepper & Cumin
- Lightly season with Red Pepper, remember it is spicy, a little goes a long way. *An option would be paprika instead
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Sauté onions & potatoes, add seasonings in a frying pan. Place the cooked Potatoes and Onions in a bowl for mixing
In a mixing bowl lightly toss remaining (reserve 1/4 shredded cheese for topping) ingredients together with the potatoes & onions.
Place in a greased casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of potato mixture.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes *(Remember the potatoes are pre-boiled)
Ornery gave this Recipe a two thumbs up! Said they were his "New All-Time Favorite"...Best Potatoes He's Ever had! Now...That's a compliment!
Serve these Caliente Style Potatoes today....