Recently, I posted my recipe for Cherry Infused Vodka (see here). This is the first recipe I made with the Cherry Vodka. A dear friend of mine was celebrating her birthday and I designed a recipe just for her! It was so good, I should have made two!
An original from NeeCee @ PineCreekStyle
Read all instructions before starting, as there are a few steps to follow.
- 1 box of White cake mix, one with pudding added in the mix, follow the ingredient directions on the box...see mine below:
- Egg whites (3), Oil (1/2 cup) & water (1 1/14 cups) according to my box
- 1 heaping tablespoon of vanilla powder (or 1 tablespoon of Clear vanilla liquid)
Cherry Pie Filing:
- 1/2 can of Cherry Pie filling. Place in a blender and puree. *Freeze the other half to use at another time.
- 1/2 cup of Cherry infused Vodka
- 1/4 cup of Karo Clear Syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch
I used a can of pre made butter cream frosting, except I blended in a heaping teaspoon of vanilla powder, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of soft butter! This lends a homemade creamier taste.
Poke holes in the top of the cooled cake. Pour 1/4 cup of Cherry Vodka over the top of the cake. It will soak in quickly.
Frosting the Cake:
- I frosted the sides and around the top edges of the cake. This leaves room for the pie filling mixture.
- Gently spoon the cooled pie filling mixture inside the frosting well. I added a dollop of frosting in the center and placed a single cherry with its stem on top!
- This cake should be refrigerated before & after serving, due to the pie filling
Homemade Cherry Infused Vodka
A few of the steps regarding the cake: The pouring of the cherry vodka, cherry pie filling mixture, powdered vanilla, cake decor!
This cake was very moist and was very well received! Everyone raved about it! I only wish I had made 2 cakes! It was that Good! And, the Birthday Girl was very Happy!
Serving Birthday Wishes with Style...