Check out this Yummy recipe....
Mexi-Cali Rose Salad
from Squiggles & PineCreekStyle
- 1 bag for frozen yellow corn. lightly sautéed in 1 tablespoon of butter, until golden, let cool
- 1/4 head of lettuce, chopped small
- 1-2 Avocado's, diced, sprinkled with some lemon or lime juice
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped *when the seeds are removed, it will not make the salad watery
- 1 yellow & 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 radishes, diced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium can of sliced black olives, drained
- 4 or 5 sticks of Jicama (I used a prepared container, bought at the store), diced
- Cilantro, chopped small, add amount to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste and a sprinkle of Cumin to Taste
Mix all ingredients together, tossing gently
Season with spices and serve with a dressing or alone!
Chill & Serve
We use a semi homemade Avocado Ranch Dressing. Simply mash some Avocado into some store bought Ranch Dressing or just some sour cream and mix well! You can do the same with taco seasoning mix and Ranch Dressing or Sour Cream! Yum!
Serving a Summer Time Salad with Style...
Ohhh....And by the Way....I scored in Dice!