- 1 box of prepared (store bought) Pie Crust, 2 pie shells
- 4 cups of peaches, prepared and sliced. Place on a paper towel to soak up (some) excess juices.
- 1 small jar of peach preserves/jam, *if chunky, run in a blender to gently puree
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon & nutmeg spices
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Place one uncooked pie shell in a deep dish pie plate, prick the pie shell with a fork, leave the crust hanging over the edges...set the oven to 425 degrees
- Have the peaches prepared and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, & spices together. Blend together well
- In a larger bowl, place the prepared peaches, add the jam/preserves, mix together gently
- Sprinkle, in a shifting manner, the flour/sugar mixture over the peach mixture. Stir gently to blend throughout
- Pour the peach mixture into the waiting pie shell....in a heaping fashion
- Place the remaining pie shell on top of the peaches and close in a rustic fashion
- Cut, with a knife, a small X on the top of the closed pie
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Check during the middle of the baking time for doneness on the top of the crust...cover with foil if needed and continue to bake
- Let cool, slightly, for 15-20 minutes before serving
A Delish Dish.....
Serving Dessert with Style....