Casual Taco night was the theme! We laughed because the Alaskan Cousins invited the California Cousins to a Mexican Taco dinner, while visiting Hawaii...! :))) What a great evening, everyone had relaxed after the wedding preparations & ceremony. We shared amazing food, good Hawaiian beer & great conversation! It had been WAY too long since we were all together!
Here is the appetizer, Ornery & I brought to the Party!...It was a huge success and so simple to make quickly! And YES, I have been known to cook on vacation! :)))
Note: **We were away from home and not near your typical grocery store. So we adapted! At dinner the night before Ornery and I ordered a side dish of short ribs. Yum...cooked to perfection! We bought corn chips, sour cream and some spices at a little convince store. The next day while at lunch , I spied Nachos on the menu....So, I ordered a couple of sides of Jalapeños to complete my appetizers. Oh and we had a refrigerator in the room!!!
I am resourceful, when I need to be! A new appetizer was born!
- Corn Chips. Triangular shape with a larger, sturdy surface...*this is your base for the individual appetizers
- Short ribs, or a meat of your choice, cooked well and fork shredded
- Sour Cream, 1 heaping teaspoon per corn chip
- Hawaiian Chili Seasoning Salt, in a grinder
- Hot sauce for drizzling....
- Jalapeños for topping **Optional: I also used some cooked carrots that were included with the short ribs! Just slice and place on top.
- Slightly warm the meat and/or carrots to take the chill off
- On a large platter, place several corn chips for individual appetizer bites
- Add one heaping teaspoon of Sour Cream per corn chip
- Next, place some shredded beef on top
- Top each appetizer with a Jalepeno, Carrot or both...
- Grind the Hawaiian Chili Salt, coarsely & lightly over the top
- Sprinkle or drizzle the hot sauce across the top of everything!
- And....Serve with Style!
On a side note: We also enjoyed a drive up to the Volcano...Although, we could not get too close... There's a portion of the volcano erupting...RIGHT NOW! It was a great day, hiking through the lava tubes and driving through the clouds on our way back to the hotel! Ohhhh, the pictures we took! Amazing!
Ornery & I were so blessed to be invited to our baby Cousin's Wedding Celebration
...It was all done with Taste & Style...