Pomegranate Pistachio Ice Cream Pie
The CattleQueen Cooks at PineCreekStyle
- 1/2 gallon of vanilla bean ice-cream , softened
- 1/2 cup of pistachios, shelled and chopped (reserve a small amount for garnishing)
- 1/4 of Pomegranate Tequila (see recipe here) or Pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup of Pomegranate jelly or spread
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar, lose, not packed
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Fudge Ice Cream Topping for drizzling on top of the finished dessert.
- Pam Style Spray
- A Springform pan
- While Ice Cream is softening, blend together the Pom juice/tequila, Pom jelly & brown sugar. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened ice cream & the jelly mixture. Blend well.
- Fold nuts into the ice cream mixture, reserve some for a garnish. Gently blend. Set aside.
- Prepare the Springform pan with Pam style spray
- Place the pie crust in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Gently & Slowly, pour the softened ice-cream blend into the pan. Freeze until solid.
After the ice-cream has set and is solid, remove from the pan and place on a serving dish. Garnish with the Fudge topping, and the reserved nuts. Serve immediately or re-freeze until needed.
Amazing on the Palette, Serve with Style...