Grandm'a Mounds Cookie Brownies
I love this recipe...it tastes like a Mounds Bar but was written by Grandma in the early 1960's. (On a side note...Mounds Candy Bars came about in 1970) . Grandma didn't name her recipe, I did.
They reminded me of a mounds bar.
- 1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup of margarine *(I used butter), melted
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/14 cup of coconut, *(I totasted mine)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts, *(I used walnuts), optional
Spray a 12 x 12 or a 9 x 13 pan with pam
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix the Cake mix and melted butter together, press into the prepared pan
- In another bowl, mix the topping together: Sweetened Condensed milk, 1 egg, coconut & nuts. Mix well, then pour the thick mixture over the top of the bottom layer
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until done.
- Let cool and cut into small squares