-

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Grandma's Mounds Cookie Brownines...

Recently I found a hidden vintage recipe of my GrandMother -inlaws.... GrandMa D was an amazing ranch cook....I learned plenty from her...and cherish every moment of my cooking lessons. When I was first married, we would see Orney's grandparents whenever we went home for a visit. She was a wealth of information, and frugal. That woman's cupboards would look like Mrs. Hubbards and she would manage to pull a meal together fit for a King! Anyhoo...found this recipe in the bottom of a recipe box, turned upside down...It looked like a scrap of paper with Aunt Toni's old phone number on it....So glad I turned it over....This was the recipe on the other side!

Grandm'a Mounds Cookie Brownies
 from PineCreekStyle

I love this recipe...it tastes like a Mounds Bar but was written by Grandma in the early 1960's. (On a side note...Mounds Candy Bars came about in 1970) . Grandma didn't name her recipe, I did.
They reminded me of a mounds bar.

Ingredients:

  • 1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 1/3 cup of margarine *(I used butter), melted
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/14 cup of coconut, *(I totasted mine)
  • 1 cup of chopped nuts, *(I used walnuts), optional
Direections:
Spray a 12 x 12 or a 9 x 13 pan with pam
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees


  1. In a bowl mix the Cake mix and melted butter together, press into the prepared pan
  2. In another bowl, mix the topping together: Sweetened Condensed milk, 1 egg, coconut & nuts. Mix well, then pour the thick mixture over the top of the bottom layer
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until done.
  4. Let cool and cut into small squares


 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpg

1 comment :

Unknown said...

omg that is so easy gonna make that for work this week!!!