- 1 box of White Cake mix (I did not use the ingredient list on the cake...see below)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of olive oil *(olive oil will help the cake to be dense like a pound cake)
- 1 cup of vodka
- 1 tablespoon of powdered vanilla
- 1 can of crushed pineapple, **less 1/8 cup reserved for the glaze, drained (but not squeezed dry)
- (glaze instructions written below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare your pan with cooking spray & sugar the inside
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients listed above
- Pour the cake mixture in the prepared pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until done, do the toothpick test
- Let rest for 20 minutes. them turn out onto your cake plate
- * If the cake remaims in the pan, let it sit on the plate until it drops onto the cake. The pan should lift off easily.
- Add the glaze to the cake while it is still warm...see the glaze instructions below
- Optinal: Drizzle 2 tablespoons of vodka over the top of the cake, and allowed to soak in. This alcohol addition is not cooked out, so do not serve to anyone under 21. I usually inform my guests if alcohol is not cooked out of my recipes.
- 1 - 8 ounce cream cheese, softend
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 2 tablesppons of brown sugar
- 1 cube of butter softened
- 1/8 cup of crushed pineapple
- Cream & blend all ingredients together
- Spread over the warm cake and let sit until the glaze turns translucent.
- Cut and serve. If you have left over glaze it is wonderful used for dipping fruit, cookies or even celery! Or, freeze into cubes and use for cooking at another time.