The CattleQueen at PineCreekStyle
Basic cheese mixture:
- 8 ounces or 1 cup of prepared Polenta
- 8 ounces of creamed cheese, softened
- 1 heaping cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic Pepper season to taste
- A couple of heavy dashes of Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 3-4 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- jalepeno's or mild tricolored peppers, diced small, about 1/4 cup or more, diced very small
- In a bowl mix together: 1 1/2 cups of panko breading, 1/4 cup of flour and season with garlic pepper and red pepper to taste. Keep in mind the red pepper packs a punch.
- Coat the cheese balls in the panko mixture and place on a prepared baking sheet. Cheese balls may be sprayed with a cooking spray also if desired.
- Bake until panko is crisp and lightly browned at 325 degrees. Cooking times vary, watch closely or Deep fry in a cast iron pan until fried crisp and drain on paper towels
- Serve with a small amount of nacho cheese, (spice it up if you wish), for effect & dipping
- Mix together the basic Cheese mixture to use as stuffing in the peppers
- Have 10-12 mild or jalepeno peppers, cleaning out the seeds and membrane
- Fill the peppers with the basic cheese mixture
- 10-12 strips of bacon, cut in half, wrap aound the filled peppers
- Place on a prepared baking sheet , set the oven on 250 or 300 for a slow roast & preheat
- Mix together, 1/4 cup of coffee, 2 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of whiskey(optional). Blend well and drizzle over each popper
- cook on a slow roast until the bacon is cooked. **If I am preparing a full meal, I fix these first and let roast as I am preparing the remaininh food.
- Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer