White Sauce Steak Enchilada's
From the CattleQueen Cooks at PineCreekStyle
- 1-2 tablespoons of Butter, melted in fry pan
- 1 large Onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Flour
- 1 (1 1/2) cup/s Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cans , 4 ounces of chopped Green Chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 12 medium Flour Tortilla's
- 2 cup's of cooked Steak (or Tri Tip), cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 cups Jack Cheese, shredded
- 3-4 stalks of Green Onions, sliced
- Cook and blend together:
- Saute': onions, butter, garlic; saute' until caramelized
- Place onion mixture into a sauce pan and add;
- Chicken Broth
- Sour Cream, Flour, Green Chili's and Seasonings
- Blend together over medium heat.
- Place meat and cheese inside of the tortilla and roll closed.
- Place 1/2 of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 greased pan. Then place the tortilla's, with the meat mixture rolled inside, in the pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchilada's.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Garnish with green onions, tomatoes and/or chili's.