-

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Buttered Rum Batter...

Butter Rum Batter....
  This past week, I have had serveral emails, and a few phone calls, asking about Buttered Rum Batter. Most of the time, I use the store bought varitey found in the liquor department of the grocery stores. Usually on an end cap during hloidays or with other "stir-in's" in the liquor aisle. ANYHOW...
This got me looking for my Grandma's Original Recipe for Buttered Rum Batter...She, as I do, used it in several desserts, cocktails and Coffee!...It's also good in Hot Choclate for an "Over the Top Treat"!

Buttered Rum Batter
The CattleQueen Cooks

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound (box) of Dark Brown Sugar
  • 1 cube of softened butter, room temp (I use Salted Butter)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons (or 1 teaspoon) of ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon leveled, ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon leveled, ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Pinch of  Cayenne Pepper, I use a big pinch. This optional but WOW its good!
Directions:

  1. Blend all ingredients together, by creaming gently with a pastry blender, then a fork or spoon.
  2. Mix thoroughly. 
  3. I bottle the batter into smaller mason jars.
USE:
For Cocktail mixes, Baking, Meats, Coffee & Hot Chocolate.... oh the possibilities !

Check out my Butter Rum Ham Recipe here...or Make a Hot Buttered Rum Drink to warm your soul:

Hot Buttered Rum Drink:

  • Place 1 heaping tablespoon of batter, in a 8-10 ounce mug
  • Add 6-8 ounces of hot water, mix well together
  • Stirr in a large jigger of Rum (1 1/2 ounces), blend
  • Serve Hot!
  • If you want it with cream, add 1 tablespoon (or desired amount) of cream or ice cream, like Grand Dad did!

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving....
 photo photo-12_zpsb1f5b574.jpg

No comments :