Black Ranch Soup
The CattleQueen Cooks
- 1 can of Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 3-4 cans of Ranch Beans, do not drain
- 4 cups of water
- 1 beef soft cube (I use Knoors brand)
- 1 large onion, chopped & sautéed
- 1 tablespoon of Butter for sautéing
- Garlic Pepper, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
- 1 pound of lean hamburger, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small can of diced mild green chilis
- 2 large potatoes, washed & diced medium, raw
- 1 cup of yellow corn, frozen *optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Open both cans of beans, drain the black beans, dump in a stock pot.
- Add the water and the beef cube.
- Saute the onion in butter.
- Cook and crumble the hamburger, season with the garlic pepper.
- Add the meat to the stock pot
- Next, add the green chilis, diced potatoes & corn (#optional)
- Season to taste with cumin.
- Stir in the chopped Cilantro.
- Cook until heated and potatoes are cooked