The CattleQueen Cooks
- 2-3 tablespoons of Butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced small
- 3-4 roasted Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Italian parsley, wash and chopped
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 cup of shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 soft cube of Chicken broth (Knorr's brand)
- 4-5 egg yolks, blend together
- Salt & Pepper
- 4-5 pieces of bacon or pancetta
- 1 package of Spiral Pasta ( I use low carb for my dietary needs), or Angel Hair pasta may be used.
- Boil a pot of salted water. Add the pasta, the water should be about one inch above the pasta. Also add the chicken broth cube and a splash of olive oil.Cook until Pasta is done, drain if needed.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and oil over medium heat, then add the diced onion and garlic. Saute lightly. Add the pancetta or the bacon, mix well. Cook and stir once in a while until the bacon is cooked. (I usually start the pasta when the bacon has been added). If you like the Bacon crispy, cook a little longer.
- When done, stir together the Bacon mixture into the pasta. Mix well.
- Stir in the the heavy Cream, Cheeses, parsley and the Egg yolks. Mix well.
- Place the Pasta Carbonara in a prepared casserole dish, bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees to finish and serve.