Fresh peaches from our little tree....
Peach Pie Crumble
The CattleQueen Cooks
Serves 8 or divide in half for 4
- 1 prepared pie crust, 2 pieces, bring to room temperature
- 4-5 for large peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of peach jam
- Cinnamon Sugar to taste
- Sliced Almonds, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup, toasted & sugared (see directions)
- 1 tablespoon of Butter to toast Almonds
- Reserve a small amount of peach juice from the cut peached
- Powder Sugar, 3/4 cup
- Scant amount of Water
- 1 egg, scrambled with a small amount of water to create an egg wash.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut an "X" in the middle of the shell, place on a prepared baking sheet
- Mix together the diced peaches and the peach jam, divide in half
- Spread the 1/2 the mixture on the pie shell, but not over the "X", see the photo. Repeat these steps with the 2nd pie crust.
- Pull the corners from the cut "X", over the peaches to the outside of the crust edge and seal. repeat three more times, creating a squarish ring. (see the photos)
- Brush the uncooked crusts with an egg wash....
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or according to the pie crust box directions. Let cool. Then cut at the corners, into four equal pieces. Repeat with the 2nd pie crust.
- Toast the Almonds in butter oil lightly browned. Remove from the pan and sugar with cinnamon sugar to taste. Let cool.
- Next is the Icing...Mix together the Powdered Sugar, some Peach juice left from the fresh peaches and a scant amount of water ...Mix well, leave thick enough to drizzle on the pie crumble.
- Place on a plate or a shallow bowl, one Peach Pie Crumble
- Sprinkle with the Sugared Almonds
- Drizzle Icing across the top of the dessert
- Serve hot or cold
- Top with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream
Nice to know my taste testers approved of the dessert! :))))
The pie crust with the "X" in the middle...
The peach mixture on the pie shell....
The Peach Pie Crumble, cooked! Kind of like a rustic pie...
OMG GOOD & Ornery approved! :)))