Oh my this is good stuff!
Creamy Spaghetti Squash Soup
The CattleQueen Cooks...
- 2 Spaghetti Squash, #should sound hollow when you knock on them
- 1 cube of butter, quartered
- 3-4 tablespoons of roasted dehydrated chopped onions
- 8-12 of prepared roasted garlic pieces
- Garlic pepper seasoning (or Pine Creek Ranch Seasoning) to taste
- Cumin, sprinkled on top
- 6-7 cups of water
- 2 chicken broth cubes (I prefer Knoor's brand)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Prepare and roast the Spaghetti Squash with the butter, garlic and seasonings.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350 for one hour.
- When cooked, scrape out the squash with a large spoon. Place in a prepared stock pot.
- Add any of the butter and seasonings left on the pan to the stock pot.
- Pour in the water and add the broth cubes.
- Turn the burner on medium to medium low.
- Mix well and then add the heavy cream.
- Cook for about a half hour.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a blender, add some soup and blend on high until creamy. Return to a new stock pot, set on low. Repeat the blender process until all the soup has a creamy texture.
- Either serve immediately or reheat for later....May be made up to one day a head of time.
Slice the squash in half with a sharp knife. Either in a round & oblong shape, clean and discard membranes . Then slice a small piece off the bottom of each piece so the squash will sit level while cooking.
Theis is the cooked sphagetti squash after it was pulled from the skin....Mmmm, smells awesome!
Garnish with Black Pepper & Crumbled Pitashio's!!!!